Have you always seen those memes most avid readers who collect books they're never going to read? Well, video game nerds are precisely the same. For case, my PS4 has 249 games on it. And then guess which one I play the virtually? You lot're right! IT IS Picture-A-PIX PIECES two! That'southward considering I'm a depressed adult who gets tired when thinking about having to use my reflexes to pull off a Five-Counter.

Kidding aside, there are plenty of video games on my PS4 that I revisit repeatedly. They range from frustratingly hard to breezy affairs. Still, in that location are more than than a few that I downloaded, played one time, and never bothered with again. And there are some that I have never touched, not even once. So here are a few of these poor unfortunate neglected games.

6 Deep Stone Galactic

The Deep Rock Galactic Start Icon, between the VR Games and Board Games Folders in Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Wooooohoooo! I'1000 really gunning to get shunned by the gaming customs, aren't I?

From what I've seen and read, I'm sure that the recently launched Deep Stone Galactic is the newest FPS flavor du jour. And I capeesh that. Really, I practise. It takes skill to play and win an FPS, especially online, and I've tried to become into the genre multiple times. But, unfortunately, I'k a panicky dork with unsteady thumbstick hands that aim like shit. Give me a fighting game input any day, simply ask me to accurately position a crosshair, and I'yard as good as dead.

Yet, when I saw this game get gratis for PS Plus, I downloaded it anyway. Listen, I only want to get my coin's worth. And the carmine-haired dwarf on the game icon looks fun, right?

5 Exist Archive

The Exist Archive Icon, in the RPG Folder of Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Let me preface this story by clarifying that I have admittedly no idea what Exist Annal is about. Still, my optics always pass it when I'one thousand browsing pre-endemic games. Plus, the logo is pretty. And so this game lives deep in my subconscious somewhere.

Anyhow, as I mentioned before, I'k a depressed adult. And some depressed adults, like myself, take medication that gives them actually bright dreams. Then, one dark, I had this odd dream about looking everywhere for this game and not being able to find it. (Unremarkably, this dream manifests every bit a chase for an original re-create of Bust A Groove or an MVC sequel that redeems Infinite's disastrous mistakes. But I digress.)

Of grade, I woke upward the following twenty-four hour period and downloaded the game through PS At present. And then, have I played it? Nope. Practise I still not know what it is? You betcha!

4 Shadow Of The Colossus

The Shadow Of The Colossus start icon in the RPG Folder of Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Woah! I didn't fifty-fifty put this game in my article notes because I had no thought it was there! 😆😆😆😅😅😅 Wow. I'm the worst.

So, Shadow Of The Colossus. I know it's an RPG. And I'm almost positive I downloaded information technology because it became a free PS Plus game, and I wanted to put my new Seagate SSD to use.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to get yourself an Extended Storage device for your PS4. Seriously, it'south the best. After receiving that solid-state bulldoze, I've never had to delete another game in my PS4's lifetime. Sometimes, I forget those nighttime days ever even existed. Just, I guess those memories are nothing more than but a shadow now, a shadow...of the colossus.

3 The Walking Expressionless: Saints And Sinners

The Walking Dead Saints And Sinners start icon in the VR Games Folder of Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Hither's a fun fact about me. I cannot handle horror games. However, horror movies are okay for me. After all, I can hide behind the pillow on my burrow if I'm anticipating a gnarly jump scare. But that'south the main deviation betwixt horror movies and horror games. Yous sentry a horror movie, but you interact with a horror game. At present that shit I tin can't handle, and I've even worked in a Haunted House attraction.

The only fourth dimension I've tried playing a horror game in recent memory was when I gifted my mom a PS4 Pro and a copy of Resident Evil 7 for Mother'due south Day. We barely started getting chased by Mia Winters, and my mom and I started passing off the controller like a hot potato. Never once again, I say! NEVER. Again.

And so, why? WHY would I bother downloading a VR horror game where you lot potentially become chased by ravenous zombies seeking to eat your flesh??? Oh, right, it was a PS Plus freebie.

ii Claret And Truth

Blood And Truth Start Icon in the VR Games Folder of Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Back on the heel end of 2020, I bought myself a PSVR bundle to get more exercise. In some ways, that goal was met. Beat Saber, for instance, has become 1 of my favorite games and certainly gets my claret pumping. Even more coincidental titles, like Everybody'due south Golf VR, help me feel a petty lighter on those days when I can't get outside. Likewise, the tech nerd in me was stoked to feel this cut-edge engineering science.

During my initial PS VR splurge, I bought myself the critical success, Claret And Truth. After all, I loved the thought of immersing myself in a high-stakes journey through London's criminal underbelly. Merely, unfortunately, I still haven't played information technology.

I wish I had a clear reply for why I never started Blood And Truth's campaign. Nonetheless, my honest answer is that life happened. I started a task ghostwriting for SEO, took some interim classes here and in that location, etc. Now, information technology's a year and a half later on, and my new turntable and speakers are taking upward my VR play area, so I couldn't even play Blood And Truth if I wanted to. (Chris, how did you get a turntable? Non relevant! Continue reading!) Hopefully, I'll get to information technology someday.

ane Persona v Strikers

The Persona 5 Strikers Start Icon, in the Action Folder of Chris's Sad PS4 Home Page.

Of all the games I was looking forward to concluding yr, Persona 5 Strikers was at the top of the list! I love Musou games and only started getting into the world of Shin Megami Tensei'southward Persona series. And then this game looked like a lucifer fabricated in heaven. I even pre-ordered the digital palatial edition. Yep, I was that excited!

At present, I take a sad confession to make. No, not sad, meaning 'upsetting.' I mean sad as in 'pathetic.' Seriously, you'll never look at me the same subsequently reading this paragraph. This is like, "don't tell my TheGamer coworkers, they're gonna pwn me on staff game dark" level bad.

So here it goes...I've never played a mainline Persona game from get-go to end. What'due south worse, my beginning Persona game was Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Yup. I'm a fraud. I'k a spin-off playing fraud! (Seriously though, the Persona rhythm games are underrated, IMHO. Tin you lot blame me?)

I was hoping to rectify my Persona ignorance earlier the release of P5S. Fortunately, I was on the right track. I already watched the P4 anime series and bought myself a copy of the original Persona five.

My mistake was promising myself I would finish Persona 5 before starting P5S. Y'all, it's been two years, and I nonetheless haven't finished playing through Kamoshida's castle. And don't get me wrong, Persona five is a fun game. It'southward just that the grinding hustle is no joke!

Then there yous have information technology. My shadow is a gaming journalist with imposter syndrome who's never finished a mainline Persona game...Guess it'due south time to accept the Fifty and watch P5: The Animation.

Next: Every Cid From Last Fantasy, Ranked By Their Beards

Every Cid From Concluding Fantasy, Ranked By Their Beards

Read Next

About The Writer